Monday, September 04, 2017

I Wonder How

Leave a Comment

I wonder how Mu'adh ibn Jabal (رضي الله عنه) felt when he heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Mu'adh, by Allah, I most certainly love you."

And how did Abdullah ibn Abbas, (رضي الله عنه) feel when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) embraced him and said, "O' Allah teach him the Book."

Or what Ali ibn Abi Talib (رضي الله عنه) felt when he heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Tomorrow, I will definitely hand the banner to a man who loves Allah and His Messenger, and whom Allah and His Messenger also love," and then he found out that he was the one?

Or Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas (رضي الله عنه)'s feelings when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to him, "Throw it, Sa'd, *may my parents be ransomed for you."*

And how did 'Uthman ibn 'Affan (رضي الله عنه) feel when he fully supplied the army heading to Tabouk, and the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Nothing 'Uthman does after today could ever harm him."?

Or how Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (رضي الله عنه) felt when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If you could have only seen me while I was listening to your recitation yesterday."?

And how did Al-Sa'ib ibn Yazid (رضي الله عنه) feel when only the patch of hair that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) wiped on his head remained black, when the remainder of his hair turned white to old age?

And what emotions did the Ansar (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) experience when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to them, "If all people were to go one way, and the Ansar were to take another, I would choose the path of the Ansar."

(Arab expression meaning that the adressed is even more beloved than one's own parents.)

And how did the Ansar (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) feel when the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) spoke about them saying, "The sign of belief is love for the Ansar, and the sign of hypocrisy is feeling animosity toward them."

And what were the feelings of Al-Siddeeq (رضي الله عنه) when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If I were to take a bosom friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as my bosom friend."

How did Aisha (رضي الله عنها) feel when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) replied unhesitatingly with her name when asked who was the most beloved person to him?

And what were the feelings of Bilal ibn Rabah (رضي الله عنه) when Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him, " O' Bilal, tell me about the deed in which you place most hope, for I have heard the striking of your shoes in front of me in Jannah."

And how did 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab (رضي الله عنه) feel when he sought permission to enter upon the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and he (ﷺ) told the doorman, "Allow him to enter and give him glad tidings of Paradise."
How did ALL the Sahabah (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) feel while seeing the Messenger morning and evening?

And how are WE going to feel when we see the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and he says to us, "You are my brothers for whom I have cried in my anticipation to meet; you are my brothers who have believed in me without ever seeing me."

Oh Allah make us among them.

اللهم صَلِّ  و سلم على محمد و آله

-

Credits: Sh. Waleed Basyouni (حفظه الله)

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 Engaged:

Post a Comment