Wednesday, November 15, 2017

STORY — Suspicion

Leave a Comment
Hasan Basri once noticed a slave with a woman near the banks of the River Tigris. In his hand, the slave held a bottle from which he was drinking. The saint thought to himself, “I regard myself as a sinner, but I am superior to this slave.”
As he looked on, a boat with seven men on board began to sink in the river. The slave instantly jumped into the water and saved six of them. He then turned to the saint and remarked, “I have saved six of the seven. Since you regard yourself as superior to me, I request that you save the remaining person on the boat.”
He then explained, “I was trying to test you to see if you were blind or observant. The woman by my side is my mother and the bottle in my hand contains nothing but water.”
Hasan Basri realised his error and immediately begged the man for forgiveness. He also requested, “Just as you saved six men from drowning, save me from drowning in the sea of blindness.” From then onwards, Hasan Basri never regarded anybody with contempt.
If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

0 Engaged:

Post a Comment